Teo Siong SengCo-Chairman (Southeast Asia)
- Chairman, Singapore Business Federation
- Nominated Member of Parliament
- Honorary Consul, United Republic of Tanzania to Singapore
- Chairman, Singapore Maritime Institute Board of Directors and Governing Council
- Chairman, Standard Club Asia Ltd
- Honorary President, Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Chairman, Singapore Guangxi Integrated Developments Pte Ltd
- Director, Business China
- Board Member, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
- Board Member, Sino-Singapore Guangzhou Knowledge City Investment Development Co. Ltd
- Independent Director, China Shipping Container Lines Co. Ltd
- Standing Council Member, China Overseas Exchange Association
- Director, Business China
- Board Member, Enterprise Singapore
Mr. Teo Siong Seng (S S Teo) is the Executive Chairman/Managing Director of Pacific International Lines Pte Ltd (“PIL”).
Mr. Teo started his shipping career with PIL Group in Singapore since 1979, was appointed the Managing Director in 1992 and on April 2018, he was appointed as the Executive Chairman. PIL activities include ship-owning, liner shipping, ship agencies, freight forwarding, container manufacturing, ship recycling, marine services, container depot/terminal operation, warehousing, logistics park, real estate and travel. PIL is ranked 9th among the top containership operators in the world.
PIL’s subsidiary Singamas Container Holdings Ltd, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, is the world’s second largest container manufacturer with 10 container factories and operates 8 depots in China.
Mr Teo became the President and Chief Executive Officer of Singamas in 1997 and was appointed as Chairman in May 2013.
Mr Teo is currently the Chairman of the Singapore Business Federation (SBF), the apex business chamber in Singapore that represents the interests of the Singapore business community locally and abroad.
In 2016, Mr Teo was appointed as a member of the main committee of Singapore’s Committee on the Future Economy (CFE), that was chaired by Singapore’s Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat.
The Committee was tasked with reviewing Singapore’s economic strategies for the future. As part of the initiative, Mr Teo was also appointed as Co-Chair of the CFE Sub-committee on Future Corporate Capabilities and Innovation, alongside Minister Heng. Mr Teo is now a member of Future Economy Council, chaired by Minister Heng, that has been tasked to “help our workforce develop skills for the future and implement the recommendations of the CFE.”
On June 2017, Mr Teo was appointed as a Member of the Chinese Community Sub-Committee of the Community Committee. The Community Committee is responsible for determining the community which prospective candidates for the Presidential elections belong to, both in reserved and open Presidential elections.
Mr Teo was appointed as Nominated Member of Parliament from 20th July 2009 to 8th August 2014 representing the commerce sector in Singapore.